Thursday, October 7, 2010

Seasons of Joy!





Well hello there and Happy Hip Hop!!

It's Thursday again and that means that it is time to head over to the


where you can start hopping around to all the DT member's 
blogs from Unity and Ippity!!  Don't forget to also hook up with us
 throughout the day for some chatting on the SCS Unity Forum. 



For today's Hip Hop Sketch Challenge, we have a really awesome one that was made by our wonderful guest Designer Angie Blom




Do you ever see a sketch and almost instantaneously know what you want to do with it?  Well that is what happened with me to day and I must say that I love how it all turned out!
Here is the sketch (HHSC28) for us today!




Mine might have taken just a little bit of liberty with the placement of my images, 
but hopefully you can see the similarity!  What do you think??



The base of the card is made from Basic Grey's Jovial line. 
Then I stamped my snowflake image from Ippity's Seasons of Joy 
with Ruby Red SU ink  and cut them out and placed them on the card. 



 The word Joy was stamped in Bravo Burgandy and then cut out 
and popped up above the snowflakes.  


Can you see where I dry embossed one of the Spellbinders snowflakes onto the card base and then added sparkles with my Gelly Roller to help emphasize it? If it weren't for all the fancy cutting on this one, I would have considered sending this out as my Christmas card this year!!  Oh well, back to the drawing board for that!  LOL!


To continue on the Hip Hop, please let me direct you the ever-so-talented 
Lisa Arana where you are sure to be impressed with her post for today!  



Next Blog

We hope to see you around on the forums and thanks so much for stopping by!!  



27 comments:

Eva said...

Kelly, this is such a gorgeous card!!! Love your take on the sketch!!

AJ said...

oh wow Kelly...I just love this! I will definitely be borrowing this one!! ;)

Cindy Groh said...

Beautiful card Kelly.

JPScraps said...

Kelly, I LOVE this card!

Teri Barefoot said...

Beautiful card very nice work
Thanks,
Teri
teri.barefoot@gmail.com

Erika said...

I love the colors. This card is so gorgeous. Great job. Love it

Rachel B said...

I love the colors and how you did the snowflakes with the sentiment! Fabulous!

Lillian Child said...

Absolutely FANTASTIC take on this sketch design! I love snowflakes!

Angie Blom said...

Stunning card Kelly. Love what you did with this sketch.. Fabulous!!XX

Anonymous said...

LOVE this!!! The faint debossed flake in the background is perfect with the ippity ones!!! FABBY girl :)

Christi said...

Oh my goodness! this is just gorgeous! I love how you used the sketch! smiles...

Anonymous said...

Ooooooooo, awwwwwww! I love it.

lisa a.

Jacqueline said...

Adorable!!

Karen said...

Lovin' the take on the sketch Kelly! Your card is AMAZING and I love the added dry embossing to add that extra flair!

Hugs,
Karen

Jen E. said...

i like those orange snowflakes!

NoraAnne said...

Love this Kelly! The big embossed glittery snowflake in the background is such a wonderful touch!

Unknown said...

such an amazing card.

Shemaine Smith said...

WOW Kelly this is beautiful! Love your take on the design!

hilde janbroers said...

what a great card! love the stamps!!!

Kristi B. said...

Great card! I love the colors you chose. :)

Purple Princess said...

Fabulous card!!

Brooke said...

love what you did with the flowers and of course the touch of BLING!

Rona said...

Love this card!!! the dry embossed snowflake is such a fabulous touch!! Great take on the sketch!!

Shelly said...

I love your take on this sketch-awesome! Really like the dry embossing-it adds a nice touch!

Wendy ten Hove said...

Hi Kelly,

This one is really, really pretty!! Love the shape in the back and the positioning of the flowers and the colors are as well very very pretty!

Hugs,
Wendy

Handmade Creations by Stephanie said...

So beautiful Kelly!!!!

Lisa said...

EEP! This is beautiful!